At Galleywood Infant School the children wear school uniform. This promotes equality and a feeling of belonging to our community. We take every step to ensure that the cost of school uniform is reasonable and to secure best value for money for parents and families.
To achieve this:
- We hold sales of second-hand uniforms in school, organised by GIPA, our parents’ association.
- We have a supply of nearly new uniform, and parents are able to request items via the school office by emailing 'firstname.lastname@example.org'. An inventory of items currently available can be found by clicking here: Nearly new uniform inventory
- We do not insist on branded items or those with our logo
- We believe the costs are reasonable and keep in touch with our provider regularly to ensure this is the case
- We provide uniform for families on a case by case basis
The uniform is:
* White or blue shirt/blouse/polo shirt (long or short sleeved)
* Grey trousers, skirt or pinafore dress
* Royal blue sweatshirt/jumper or cardigan
* White or grey socks/white, grey or navy tights
* Grey shorts or blue/white checked summer dress in summer.
Footwear: Black shoes or smart black velcro trainers. If boots are worn to school, please can the children bring a pair of shoes to change into.
Uniform and accessories embroidered with our logo can be purchased from One Stop School Gear, either in person at Unit 3b Beehive Business Centre, Beehive Lane, Chelmsford. CM2 9TE or on-line by following this link:- https://www.onestopschoolgear.com/find-your-school/galleywood-infants
- All clothing and footwear to be named with labels
- Children to bring a coat to school each day as the weather can be very changeable.
- Children to bring a book bag or small back pack to school every day- we do not have space to accommodate larger backpacks.
- Children to come to school in clothes and shoes which they can manage easily, to help their independence and the class team. E.g. velcro fasteners on shoes until they are able to tie laces would be appreciated.
- All long hair to be tied back because it looks smarter, helps prevent the spread of head lice and is much safer for PE.
- No nail varnish, tattoos or make up.
Jewellery should not be worn to school. We cannot tape over earrings for PE lessons so children must be able to remove their earrings and place them in an envelope. Ears should only be pierced in the summer holidays to allow time for them to heal, otherwise children are unable to do PE for 6 weeks.
PE is an important part of the curriculum and all children need a PE kit which they wear to school when PE is on their year group timetable.
· White t-shirt
· Black shorts
· In winter, black or navy jogging bottoms/leggings
· Black or navy sweatshirt or hoodie
Trainers are worn for all PE. We do not advise wearing plimsolls for PE as they do not offer enough support for your children’s feet.
We ask Parents/Carers to support our Uniform Policy, which can be found here:-