At Galleywood Infant School the children wear school uniform. This promotes equality and a feeling of belonging to a community. We ask our parents to support us in this policy.
The uniform is:
* White or blue shirt/blouse/polo shirt (long or short sleeved)
* Grey trousers, skirt or pinafore dress
* Royal blue school sweatshirt/jumper or cardigan
* White or grey socks/white, grey or navy tights
* Grey shorts or blue/white checked summer dress in summer.
Galleywood Infant School sweatshirts, polo shirts, PE T-shirts, fleeces and legionnaire’s caps and other items are all available to purchase from One Stop Schoolgear, Beehive Lane, Chelmsford. The uniform can also be purchased online at www.onestopschoolgear.com or by calling 0845 4667208 or visiting the shop Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturdays 10am – 1pm.
All children are expected to go outside at some time on most days and should therefore have a warm waterproof coat in school and clothing such as hats and gloves for cold weather.
Please ensure all clothes are marked clearly with your child’s name otherwise we cannot guarantee that uniform will be returned if lost.
Please help your child to become independent by encouraging them to dress or undress unsupervised and buy shoes that he or she will be able to fasten independently.
Fashion trainers, jelly shoes, flip flops, sling backs etc are not suitable footwear for school and can be dangerous in playground games.
PE is an important part of the curriculum and all children need a PE kit which is kept in a clearly named drawstring bag in the classroom. Your child will need:
* A clearly named drawstring PE bag
* White T-shirt (with or without school logo)
* Black shorts
* Black elasticated plimsolls
* A tracksuit for cold weather or jogging bottoms to wear with a school sweatshirt.
Your child will be asked to bring home their PE bag at holiday times to wash their kit and for your to check that items of clothing and plimsolls are still the correct size.